Friday 2 December 2011

I Sit Rabbit-less


I sit under the bed. It is dark all around me. I can make out the outline of the furniture in the room. The furniture is heaving and breathing heavily and I seem to be hiding from these lurking monsters under the salvage protection of mine, hugging my knees close to my chest. My toes are cold and numb but I can feel sweat trickling down my hunched shoulders. I can see the legs of the chest of drawers. I know its waiting for me outside and the moment I get out the drawers will snap open and envelope me in its pitch darkness. I will be shut and locked in those drawers forever and they will make sure that the keys are thrown in some ditch or may be a rabbit hole that is abandoned. A part of me wishes that I was Alice and some White Rabbit could run down a few ditches and holes trying to find the keys for the locked drawers and fervently looking at his pocket-watch and singing, “ I'm late. I'm late. For a very important date. No time to say "Hello."  Goodbye.  I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.”…

No comments:

Post a Comment