Wednesday 15 October 2014

Cast Me In Concrete

That subdued light and the water of the lake reflecting a tinge of orange on the ash grey concrete facade. Soft halogen lamps lit up a stairway beautifully cut into the sloping terrain, leading to a deck where wind swept my hair as I looked at the expanse of the lush green hills echoing serenity and calm, in the distance.
There was something about that place. Its sublimeness of the structure tried to compete against that of the hills. Wild grass, yellowing in the autumn swayed at the banks of the lake with the gentle wind making them dance to a silent tune.
I smiled at myself as the sun dipped down and the colours of the sky being reflected in the lake, turned from a mild orange to a vibrant yet soft pink blending into the hues of a subtle violet. My legs lay sprawled in front of me.
"The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night."
Haruki Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment